Diana Hayden is the third Indian woman to win the title of Miss World for the country. (Instagram picture)
Happy birthday Diana Hayden: Although the former beauty queen is not very active in show business, she appreciates all the attention and platforms given to a celebrity of her status
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA HAYDEN: Actor, model, television host and winner of Miss World 1997, Diana Hayden celebrates her birthday on May 1st. The former beauty queen lives in the United States with her husband Collin Dick who works in public health and is originally from Las Vegas, United States. The couple have 3 children.
Although Diana is not very active in show business, she enjoys all the attention and platforms given to a celebrity of her status. Her absence from the eye of the paparazzi is the reason so much of her is not known to the public.
Here are some lesser known facts about the former Miss World:
- Diana Hayden was born in Hyderabad, then Andhra Pradesh in 1973, in an Anglo-Christian family.
- She started working very young at 13, following the separation of her parents. She worked at an event management company called Encore. His job was to assist the direction of famous singers at that time. Later, she took modeling assignments from the same company.
- At the age of 23, she entered the Femina Miss India pageant on the advice of a friend. Representing India at the 47th edition of Miss World, held in Baie Lazare, Seychelles. She won the title of Miss World. Then she was shortlisted for the 1997 Femina Miss India pageant and won the Miss India World pageant title among 80 other beauty queens.
- After Rita Faria and Aishwarya Rai, Hayden became the third Indian woman to win the title for the country.
- Hayden is the only Miss World titleholder to date who holds three other Miss World titles – Asia and Oceania, Miss Photogenic and Spectacular Swimwear and that too in the same pageant.
- After her big win, she made her big screen debut with the 2003 film Tehzeeb.
- Unlike her inactivity in the film industry, she remains very vocal and present for the causes she supports. Partnering with charities such as Child Rights and You (CRY), PETA, Greenpeace and the Spastic Society of India, Hayden has dedicated his time to doing philanthropic work.
- Apart from the big names mentioned above, she also gives her support to various small-scale welfare organizations and helps people who are aware of deadly diseases like cancer and HIV/AIDS.
- When Diana’s term as the world representative of the Miss World Organization came to an end, she continued her studies in the field of acting. She went to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London for the course
- Hayden also dabbled in writing and wrote a book called A Beautiful Truth. The book talks at length about confidence, personality development, and other personal growth traits.
Read all the latest movie news and entertainment news here